Monday, May 26, 2008

What About Now?

Ookay..I've put this off long enough. Here we go...

School got out last Wednesday. w00tness!!! So Wednesday I had my Contemporary Issues and Floral Design finals. I got a 91% on both, which means I got a B in both of those classes, but whatever. At least I didn't fail. I got a 96% on my Honors English final and I didn't have to take my Graphic Communications final, and I got an A in both of those. Right after school, Mom picked up Rhiannon and me and we hit Sonic 'cause we're cool fat kids. Then we went to pick up Josh, dropped off him and Chip, then went to the DMV so I could take my permit test. The test was super easy and I got a 100% on it. That part was awesome. The next part is NOT awesome. So they tell me to sit down so they'll take my picture, and I'm so determined to keep my eyes open and not look like a total dorkmuffin that I forget to smile, and my picture turns out really terrible. I'm not even kidding, I look like I'm 200 pounds. It was karma for lying about my weight on the application, I'm sure of it. Blarggg.

After that we came back to my house and hung out. I was in a really pissy mood because of the icky picture that I'm going to be stuck with until next year, and like everyone got pissed off at me. I fell asleep on the couch for like an hour and then I got up and we went to Gatti's for pizza. I was really pissed off and completely intent on pissing other people off, so while we were standing in line to get pizza I kept flicking the little plastic thingy on my glass over and over until some bread eater behind me asked me to stop. When we got through the line and sat down, Rhiannon told me that she wanted to tell the guy that I was OCD and I had to do the flicky thingy or I would have a mental breakdown, but she didn't think my parents would have appreciated it very much. I found it hilarious and we made a plan to piss off the break eater if we saw him again. We didn't. Bummer.

After pizza we went back home and got ready to to to Indiana Jones. Rhiannon dressed up as Elsa -AKA slutty blond Nazi chick that did Indy and his dad- and I really really didn't want to be Marion or Willie, so I dressed up as the student that had a thing for Indy and wrote 'Love You' on her eyelids. I wore a plaid mini skirt and a t-shirt and I looked like a total slut...I'll be throwing that skirt out, along with the infamous 'COVER YOURSELF' one. Haha. Around 8 we went over to Logan's place and watched Temple of Doom until it was time to go. We got to the theater at 11:30 and there were like NO seats left, so we had to sit really close to the screen. It was awesome, though. We screamed and cheered and had a great time. I fell asleep for like five minutes near the end, but I don't think I missed anything huge. I know that's really terrible, but it was like 2:30 in the morning, I'm sure I wasn't the only one to doze off.

I've just been chillin' since then. Friday Mom and I went to Turkey Creek. I got my summer reading books, plus Dracula and Interview With the Vampire. I have no idea how I'm ever going to finish all of them, because I still haven't gotten through The Host and come August second, Breaking Dawn will be my top priority. Though I'll probably finish that one after a full day of nonstop reading. And I still have to reread the first three Twilight books before I read How to Read Literature Like an English Professor, just in case the latter completely ruins every book I've ever loved by making me analyze it to death.

After Border's we went bathing suit shopping. That was...Frustrating, to say the least. I basically look like a blob right now, and it isn't fun. But we got Wii Fit a few days ago, so hopefully I'll start looking less like a blob and more like an actual person pretty soon. I swear, the Wii is trying to kill me. My muscles hurt in places I didn't even know I had muscles..

On Saturday my grandparents took all of my brothers to the lake house, so it was just me, Mom, and Dad. That was pretty cool. We went to get a grill and then went back to Turkey Creek to get dinner and find a 'grandparent appropriate' bathing suit, because I decided I actually wanted to go to the lake and the one I got on Friday apparently isn't appropriate to be worn around my grandparents. Um...Ok then. Haha. But we found one and it was cool. Then we celebrated with Starbucks and I got myself a supercute Beatles bag that I am currently in love with. Haha.

After we got home Dad took me up to the Grace Baptist parking lot to teach me to drive. It was hard. I hit three theoretical cars and I have issues with staying in my lane. Haha. It was cool, though. We might go again tonight.

Yesterday was pretty neat. Mom woke me up super early -11:30- and told me we were leaving in 45 minutes. Blargness. I hate when she does that. I need like an hour and a half to get ready and be sure I have everything. Whatever, though. We got moving right on schedule and headed to the lake.

So here's the thing..The lake house is where we lived while we were building our house in Karns. AKA, the lake house is where we lived while we were in Hillbilly Hell, the place that basically ruined my life. Just going there made me really angry. I was seriously paranoid that we were going to run into someone I used to know. I already decided that if we did, I would act like they had made a mistake and my name was Rosalie Lang. (Rosalie from Twilight, Lang from The Gun Seller.) We didn't run into anyone, though, so that was a relief.

When we got to the lake house we like immediately went down to the dock so the kids could swim and I could tan. I didn't tan. I burned. Haha. But only my back, because I was on my stomach like the whole time because its super hard to read when you're laying on your back. Haha. Superdork alert. =p So now my back hurts in addition to my core muscles that I didn't know I had hurting. Not cool, man.

After we got home I read The Host for a while then came upstairs around 10 and stayed online until 1 working on EMOEDWARD and talking to Laura and Rhiannon. Then Dad kicked me off and made me go to bed. Blargnessss.

Okk...That's my blog. Haha. Hope you liked it. I'll try to start updating daily again, but no promises. Peace, loves.

xo
Helen

PS- I took a supercool picture with Logan's Indiana Jones hat:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA! INDIANA JONES!

nice hat, I have one like it.

learn to drive good, it's not too hard after a while.

Kansas

too lazy to login right now...

Blog Archive